Sunday, June 7, 2009

iPhone Gaming And Entertainment

This is just a regular post on mobile gaming but let's face it.  For mobile gaming, DS and PSP dominates the market.  Okay, DS dominates the market and Sony with PSP Go is trying to another go at the handheld market.


But for the first time, I'm gonna say this.  Apple is position the iPod Touch and the iPhone as a gaming platform.  There, I've said it.


But let's not forget the fact that Apple is trying to sell hardware to make money where  as traditional gaming hardware companies have a different business model.  Having said that, Apple's mobile platform will be a computing platform first and gaming is merely one of its potent abilities.


But with this blog, we're going to focus on mobile entertainment rather than just mobile gaming.  So, I'll probably bring more attention to ebooks, creating takes on apps, and some works of my own that I'm doing for fun.


Still when there's a great game, I like to talk about it.  Here's one now.


This is a game that is made possible and easier to navigate because of the touch nature of the iPhone platform.  


Next, I'm working on the various ebooks, ereaders, comics, and some creative use of the mobile platform's touches to bring new gaming experiences.


Note:  I'm gonna try to bring more focus to Android as well but I've yet to buy any games on the Marketplace.  If you've got any recommendations, please let me know and I'll take a look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment